Ta’ Liesse Church was re-built in 1740 at the expense of the Langue of France on the design of the Maltese architect Francesco Zammit. Its plan is similar to the church of Santa Maria de Miracoli in Rome but with slight modifications on the side chapels. Entrance is through single main door and inside it has four altars and the Church was blessed by Mons. Rull, the Grand Prior of the Church. It was blessed again by Mons. Labini on 23 November 1806. The titular painting by Enrico Arnaux represents the story of the three Knights and Our Lady of Liesse and the marble altar was commissioned by Giuseppe Artau, who was rector of the same church. Guiseppe Artau transferred a niche of Our Lady from Fort St. Elmo to the Ta’ Liesse Church.