One of the ferries that used to operate in the Gozo Channel, between Malta and Gozo was the 1932 Dutch built CALYPSOLAND.
She was built at De Schelde in Vlissingen, Netherlands as the PRINS HENDRIK but a year later in 1933 she was modified due to instability problems by the same yard. In 1940 she was sunk by German troops at Breskens, Netherlands, refloated and lengthened of which she was launched again in 1949.
In 1968 she was sold to E. Zammit & Sons, Malta and was towed from Vlissingen to Malta in 1969 by FAIRPLAY XI.
In 1969 she started the Gozo Channel Service from Cirkewwa, Malta to Mgarr Harbour,Gozo. Between 1979 and 1981 she spent most of the time carrying building material to Comino for the pig farm
In 1984 she was sold to Sartard Shipbreakers, Malta (today Cassar Group) for demolishing and was used as a barge till early 2000.
Her Passenger capacity was of 1,300 passengers while her car capacity was 35. She had 1 x 8 cylinder Diesel engine Werkspoor-Sulzer with 2 propellers and speed of 11 knots.